Friday, October 10, 2008

I am back

It is a blogging shame, but its been more than two years since I last did something here. And what a time it has been. Francois Viljoen made me think of starting to blog again. Perhaps I'll try to keep them short, this way I'll find more time to do it. I do also post quite a bit on my Facebook profile, but access is of course limited.

So what happened in the meanwhile. Firstly I got permanently employed. And what a pleasant experience, especially considering that I was fairly successfull working for myself. It was surprising to find a work environment that allowed growth as this one.

I also spend 6 months in Lagos, Nigeria with my wife and children. What an experience! Although I felt much safer there than in South Africa (really!), it was probably the most difficult time of my life. I learnt quite a lot about African politics and how bussiness is done in Africa, especially in Nigeria. It was a very educating time for the whole family. We now appreciate South Africa just that much more.

Even Nairobi, Kenya seemed so much better now than two years ago. I suspect that both Nairobi as well as myself has changed in the last two years. The biggest change in me was probably because of the 6 months in Lagos.

Will be back soon.

In the meanwhile, how old do you believe the Earth to be? Thousands of years old or Billions of years old?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Danie!

Ek sien nou eers hier hierdie inskrywing.

Weet wat jy se^ van voltyds werk - ek blog ook nou baie minder.

Wel, sien uit om jou gedagtes te leer.

Groete daar vir die ander x-Lagos maters, vroulief en kinders.

Francois

Danie Loots said...

Ja-nee, tyd vlieg. Ek het kom baie min by hierdie blog uit. Ek is baie meer verbaal op wword.blogspot.com en dan natuurlik op Facebook.