Sunday, October 23, 2011

Prophetic Gifts and Protocol

Even though I am fairly new to the prophetic, I have been trusting the Lord for revelations for more than a year now. On the basis of what I learned from Bill Hamon's books and teachings about the prophetic, I realised that publishing these words is quite a leap of faith on the one hand but also quite a responsibility on the other. I also believe that one should not discard all prophetic vision and revelation believed to be from God as God's intention is for us to use His gifts in us to edify and help His Church.

For this reason, I decided that I am going to step out in faith and start publishing some of these revelations that I believe are from God. But, let me be very clear, I am not an ordained Prophet or Apostle, not yet and if ever. I have no illusions that some of these words might indeed not be from God at all.

Therefore, I urge everyone that reads these words, to weigh these words in your spirit, to pray and ask Holy Spirit to shed His light and to show His truth. If any words that I utter here are in conflict with the Bible, the Word of God, it should be dicarded. If however, these words conflict with your specific doctrine, I encourage you to pray about it and to bring it before your own spiritual authority to be weighed.

I trust that these words will bring encouragement, truth and warning and will not damage anyone's relationship with Almighty God.

For those in doubt of prophecies being delivered in modern day times, I encourge a study on the subject. As a start Acts 2:17-18 and then the whole of 1 Corintians 12, 13 and 14.

No comments: